Find your nearest Community Pantry
Use our store locator below to get directions to your nearest community pantry.
We have some really exciting news regarding new sites, checkback here or our social media for further updates.
North West Community Pantry
Inverclyde development trust
Ruchazie Parish Church
Supporting the Local Community
- For a small fee, the Pantry gives access to good quality food
- The model works to help reduce people getting to crisis point by providing access to services
- Aims to move away from the foodbank model to a more dignified and sustainable model
- Community led, empowering communities
- Promotes access to nutritious food like meat, vegetables and fruit.
- Provide training for volunteers in customer care, health and safety, food hygiene as well as providing experience in retail, thus upskilling the community in preparation to move onto employment
- Reduced carbon footprint helping the climate change agenda. A large proportion of surplus food would normally end up in Landfill, however the Pantry helps to reduce this by distributing the surplus food.
- Locally run and managed, putting the community at the heart of decision making.
- Provides access to low cost good quality nutritious food
- Helping reduce our climate footprint through the redistribution of surplus food
- Upskilling the community, improving employment prospects
- Improve health outcomes, through conception of healthy food
- Improve emotional wellbeing and social isolation through the hub model of the pantry.