This week there is salmon available in the pantry, see below if you’ve never cooked salmon before.
How to cook salmon in the oven
- 2 pieces of salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- Chopped herbs, a slice of lemon or a sprinkle of spices
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Brush each piece of salmon fillet with oil or butter and season well. Add any flavourings.
- Lay the pieces of salmon in an ovenproof dish and either cover the dish if you want the salmon to stay tender on top, or leave it uncovered if you want the flesh to roast slightly.
- Cook for 10-15 mins. The best way to gauge how long to cook for is to base the initial time on 4 mins per 1cm of thickness in the centre. When the salmon is cooked it will look opaque and the flesh will flake if you poke a fork into the centre. Try not to overcook salmon. It can easily dry out and should be only just cooked in the centre.