Avocado is a versatile fruit that has a creamy texture that is full of goodness. Soft avocados make great dip, while firmer avocados are great for slicing and adding to a salad or a sandwich
- 64 calories
- almost 6 grams of fat
- 3.4 grams of carbohydrates
- less than a gram of sugar
- almost 3 grams of fibre
Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
1. Avocados are nutrient rich
2. Healthy for the heart
3. Great for vision
4. Improved digestion
5. Natural detoxification
- Spread avocado on toast in the morning instead of butter.
- Use avocado instead of mayonnaise in chicken or egg salad, or as a spread on a sandwich.
- The soft, creamy texture of an avocado and its mild taste make it a perfect first food for babies.